Sofa recommendations for big living rooms
05. October 2014
A sofa with the correct proportions makes a room harmonious and cosy. The functionality of movement and living can remain natural – just as you would like and just as you have become accustomed to.
Make sure the sofa is of the right size
- Sketch the outline of the sofa on the floor with adhesive tape
- Draw your living room on a piece of paper (or use the outline plan of your home) and draw the sofas on another piece of paper in the correct scale. Cut out the sofas and test them on the plan – try and find the best spot and size for the sofa.
Every Softrend sofa model includes combinations with dimensions. Should you find the decision too hard to make, visit us to try out the sofas and do not hesitate to ask our friendly and experienced sales staff for advice. We will create the right sofa for you together.
A corner sofa, a sofa with protruding parts or several smaller sofas are suitable for big living rooms. There are many sofas with such a beautiful back view that they are perfect for placement in the centre of the room. Make use of the opportunities that a big living room provides you – place the sofa away from the walls.
- in case of several sofas, make sure that the seats are not too far from one another. This creates a more intimate and cosy atmosphere for communicating.
- a big room allows using the space for wide armrests that are convenient for practical usage, e.g. as a table or an extra seat
- sofas create the opportunity to structure and divide the room, e.g. for partitioning an open kitchen and living room
- it is an excellent idea to place a shelf behind a sofa with a straight backrest for holding drinking glasses or a desk lamp and a book
- in order to spice up a large room, create interesting combinations with a modular sofa that allows reaching an easy and convenient balance between the sofa and the free space in the room
- various models enhance one another: a different armchair will make the interior more exciting
- accessories provide you the reliable opportunity to create bright colours in the room without becoming burdensome over time
- use combinations of a single shade and a pattern or combinations of various shades to create interesting solutions
A table with revolving legs allows sharing food and drinks in a comfortable and playful manner during gatherings and parties